HIPAA COMPLIANCE REVIEW
Are you one of the organizations that is required to be HIPAA compliant but doesn’t realize it? Or perhaps you are one of the organizations that believes you are compliant but has HIPAA violations without being aware of them? We can help prevent both situations with a HIPAA Compliance Review. We and our HIPAA specialists will conduct a review that can help you uncover potential violations and avoid the resulting fines.
Comprehensive HIPAA Review
Cumulus Telecom and our HIPAA specialists will review your:
- Password Policies
- Filters (Internet, Email, Etc)
- Access Control
- Dual Factor Authentication Policies
- Data Leak Prevention
- Data Retention Policies
- Physical Security
- Logs (Storage Locations)
- Video Surveillance (Retention, Video Quality)
HIPAA VIOLATION PENALTIES:
Violation and penalties can be expensive and time consuming. Below is a list of possible fines:
- Ignorance: $100 Per Violation/Record
- Negligence: $1,000 Per Violation/Record
- Willful: $10,000 Per Violation/Record
- Uncorrected: $50,000 Per Violation/Record
- Loss of Government Subsidies
- Individuals who “knowingly” obtain health information face a fine of up to $50,000, as well as imprisonment up to one year.
- Offenses committed under false pretenses increase penalties to $100,000, with up to five years in prison.
- Offenses committed for commercial advantage, personal gain or malicious harm permit fines of $250,000 and imprisonment for up to 10 years.
For more information about our HIPAA review contact Cumulus Telecom today.